TNT, one of the world’s Largest Air Express Companies and the market leader in Europe was appointed Official Courier for the 3rd Asian Junior Individual Squash Championships and the 1st Asian Masters Squash Championships, which commenced on the 6th of July 2010 in Sri Lanka. This is a landmark event for the Sri Lanka Squash Federation, as the tournament comprises of over 170 players from more than 11 countries from the Asian continent.
This is not the first time TNT is involved in a major sporting event. In 2006, they were the Official Courier to the National Squash team which participated in the South Asian Games which faced teams from India, Pakistan, Nepal and Bangladesh.
In addition, TNT was the Official Courier for the multi-nation Rugby Asiad held in Colombo in 2007. This was a great opportunity for TNT to showcase their expertise as they were contracted by the Sri Lanka Rugby Football Union to carry biological samples to Malaysia for dope-testing.
TNT’s desire to be part of national and international sports events stems from the belief that sports instills characteristics in people which TNT feels mirrors their own values – teamwork, agility, determination and the ability to meet any challenge and triumph. TNT is represented in Sri Lanka by Ace International Express (Pvt) Ltd, a member of Aitken Spence group of companies.
Auxiliary facts about TNT
- TNT commenced operations in Sri Lanka in 1980.
- Globally, TNT began in 1946 when it was founded by Ken Thomas in Australia. TNT stands for “Thomas Nationwide Transport”
- TNT has a global network of 2,409 hubs, depots and express centres spanning 200 countries across the world.
- TNT has a global fleet of 48 aircrafts, 30,061 ground vehicles and 159,663 employees’ worldwide.
- TNT currently tops the Dow Jones Sustainability Index with an overall score of 92%
- TNT has a global partnership with the UN World Food Programme which aims to end world hunger and malnutrition. The name of this partnership is “Moving the World”.
- In the aftermath of the Tsunami in 2004, TNT provided valuable assistance in the disaster relief efforts to the extent of bringing down a TNT 747 with aid for distribution.
Media Release-10 July 2010